26. Some bands — like Maroon 5 and Blink-182 — prefer to keep people guessing, never revealing the thought process behind their monikers.
While you may have thought Green Day was a holiday akin to Arbor Day, involving much appreciation of the environment, it’s actually just about getting high.
... Read more The Stories Behind Famous Band Names The third part of the name came from the simple fact that the band members were reuniting, or being “revived,” after a three-year hiatus because of military duties. 35. The Lee Harvey Keitel Band (These ‘90s rockers had a song called “Our Love Has Died a William Holden Death.” We assume that either means by injuries from a fall or Bridge on the River Kwai-style at Sir Alec Guinness’ feet.) When Coldplay first started in the 1990s, its founding members, including Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland, were students at University College London. The Libertines (One look at Pete Doherty, and the band found its name.)
10. Few band names are as evocative as Arcade Fire, which can also be said of their music. 97.
The band consists of Alex Turner, Matt Helders, and Nick O'Malley. And Hannah was named one of The Worst Canadians in History by a journal from the Canadian National History Society. 76.
The band still recognizes Crompton as a “great friend,” but there’s no word on whether they’ve cut him in on any royalties!
The obscure reference makes sense when you consider that Steely Dan co-founder Donald Fagen was an English literature major at New York’s Bard College. What's in a name?
Lava Champ 2. Molar Express “I would say that it’s probably something that the kid made up, but at the time I believed him,” Butler said.
The A-tles (or the A-tells) Average White Band (What else would you call a Scottish band playing funk, soul and disco?)
Like a great album cover, a memorable band name can get people listening even if they initially know nothing about the group’s music.
52. Elton Joel
Bewbs and Bughts 5/7/2014. “Foo fighter” was a term used by pilots during World War II to describe UFOs seen in the air. The Old, Leering Pornographers
What Are Good Girl Group Names Ideas For Cute And Singing.
I’ve thought up a bunch of ORIGINAL BAND NAMES just for you and they are 100% FREE!
Calci-yum! Our new improved band name generator lets you find, save and share your ideas with friends. 10. The awfully named A Fir-Ju Well continued the trend, becoming Gringo Star.) Carlos Santana is a Mexican and American musician who first became famous in the late 1960s and early 1970s with his band, Santana. Rolling Stone has not been alone in calling it one of the worst monikers in music history but the guys were inspired to adopt it because of the success of another band named after insects.
79. Alex Chilton was an American songwriter, guitarist, singer and producer, best known as the lead singer of the Box Tops and Big Star. The memorable name comes from a sad plot point in Arthur Miller’s 1947 play, “All My Sons,” which Joseph studied in school. “The first name was bad, so we moved on to another bad name, got 15,000 fans and were afraid to change it,” Takac told Forbes in 2011. Two Time Grammy Winner: Douglas Roberts Broom Temperature
Whatever your music genre, you'll find a range of cool band names to choose from with our random band name generator. 4. 68. He originally wanted to start a clothing company with that name but later pitched it to his bandmates, who thought it was “the dumbest name in the world” before adopting it and shooting to stardom in the ’90s.
19. Mice Krispies 141 Characters Locker Room Low-jinks Stop Laughing! Alan Parsons is an English audio engineer, songwriter, musician, and record producer as well as his own group, the Alan Parsons Project.
Maxim Is Terrific A Dell Back in 1962, ? The Verve Tube The frontman has said that, at that time, he was reading a lot of books about flying saucers and that led him to stumble upon the name for his career-defining act.
23. “It was definitely the right name,” Cuomo told Rolling Stone. 10.
Two things about The Beatles cannot be argued: They were ridiculously talented and their band name was awful.
7. Bringing things full circle, this band’s name was actually inspired by something involving another band on the list, The Beatles.
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin 3. Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in 2002 in Sheffield. Gary Garbanzo and the Beans
50. Blur are an English rock band, formed in London in 1988.
After initial success with the The Tourists, she and David A. Stewart achieved major international success in the 1980s as Eurythmics.
11. In 2010, Billie Joe Armstrong appeared on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” and confirmed for the show’s host that his band’s strange name is “absolutely about pot.” The frontman added, “I think we were trying to be, like, the Cheech & Chong of punk rock for a while.”. The Beatles were an English rock band, formed in Liverpool in 1960 and widely regarded as the most influential acts of the rock era. Moat DJ Disc Jockey
91. Throbbing Gristle Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head (The band puts the V for Vendetta actress on the guest list of every show to no avail.) Sex Guys Björk Guðmundsdóttir, (born 21 November 1965), known mononymously as Björk is an Icelandic singer-songwriter. 15. 9.
There’s value to be had in a well-chosen band name. Get comments, feedback and ratings to help you pick the best band name! Would Led Zeppelin be as popular if they were called Ke$ha? 2. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The The would be jealous of their second EP, Is Is.) Noise Dudes Scooter and the Inappropriate Touches Throwing Muses 73. Sometimes a glance at the name tells you everything you need to know about a band. 6. The educator’s name was Leonard Skinner and he taught gym in the 1960s before getting into real estate. Blue Floyd
Saddle Tramps: I feel like this team name makes the most sense if it is for a group of girls that like horseback riding together. Buzzcocks are an English punk rock band, formed in 1976 by singer-songwriter-guitarist Pete Shelley and singer-songwriter Howard Devoto.
This memorable band name actually came from three different sources, one for each previously unrelated word. "25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands", "15 Original Band Names Before They Were Famous", "The Quick 10: The Former Names of 10 Bands", "Blondie: 25 Godlike Moments From One Of The World's Most Influential Bands", "Original Band Names of 51 Famous Groups", "Revealed – what bands were called before they made it big", "25 Famous Bands' Less Famous Previous Names", "Here's the story, from A to Z: how the Spice Girls made Wannabe", "Starfish to Girl's Tyme: 12 famous bands with dodgy original names", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_original_names_of_bands&oldid=979357781, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Meggadeaths; The Screaming Abdabs; Leonard’s Lodgers; The Spectrum Five; Tea Set, Tony Flow and the Miraculously Majestic Masters of Mayhem, This page was last edited on 20 September 2020, at 08:50.
This culminated 38 years later when !!!
Duodenum In those days, he went by the nickname Bono Vox of O’Connell Street, the first part of which came from the Latin phrase “bonavox,” which means “good voice.” Meanwhile, his band’s name came from a famous 1960 incident in which an American Lockheed U-2 spy plane crashed in Russia.
Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard has said that he lifted his band’s moniker from a song performed during the Fab Four’s 1967 film, “Magical Mystery Tour.” During the movie, a band called the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band played a tune called “Death Cab for Cutie,” which stuck with Gibbard, who has since said he would change the band’s name to feature a more obvious reference if he could go back in time. Pickaxe Ladybug If you thought the band was just obsessed with carpentry, you were sorely mistaken.
The The (One of three bands on this list to contain Johnny Marr. Parliament Funkadelic (And George Clinton was Prime Minister.) 54.
In 1966 — three years before the band’s debut would be released — Zeppelin co-founder Jimmy Page played with The Who’s drummer Keith Moon on a track for musician Jeff Beck. 21.
34. 28. If you use any of these names for your band, and can prove it (be it as a poster or album cover), we’ll link to your band’s Website and tell all our readers to buy your music. 57.
Fudgey Calen-grrrr 1. Gozer 92. Mary Tyler Morphine (From TV newswoman to female-fronted hardcore band) 5.
5. Alvin and the Human Beings The Flaming Lips Betty’s Not a Vitamin (It takes a minute for this one to sink in until you realize that Fred, Wilma, Barney and Dino all were. Hemingway Sucked 9. Well, you’re in luck. Adam and the Ants were an English new wave band active during the late 1970s and early 1980s.
'The Rolling Stones' comes from the Muddy Waters tune 'Rollin' Stone Blues') and modified words (.e.g. 37.
1. He has been influential in popular music & culture for more than five decades. Toe Tag Trio So the band members apparently flipped through a copy of True Detective magazine and stumbled upon the words “goo goo doll” in an advertisement, according to bassist Robby Takac.
Follow us on twitter for updates and nonsense:
Gunther, from Friends Some are inspired by existing band naming structures and some are completely original. They often use letter patterns of Vowel/Consonant/Vowel as these word structures are typically short, catchy and easy to say and remember.
and the Mysterians launched a pair of trends, giving themselves an enigmatic moniker and introducing punctuation into band names. Check out our complete list of team names.
Duck, Duck, ‘Dactyl
Thankfully Bayer fixed this oversight in 1994.)
72. A good band name can be an exercise in cleverness, a perfect descriptor or just something that sounds cool. Meaty Eyes He never had asthma, but he was called Weezer as a child by his father, who would write him letters after he and Cuomo’s mother got divorced, always beginning them with, “To Weezer.” The musician has said the name still has great emotional resonance for him, and he still loves it as a band name.
Bands & Artists Beginning With Numbers. We’re here to help and have come up with 100 great names for your band.
40. The British group’s eccentric founder, Syd Barrett, got the name by combining two of his own favorite musicians, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, into one grand mashup.
The Albert Nobbses 3. 55.
Think about your band name carefully. But What About All This Urine?
Under-Flare They Might Not Be Giants At All
88. 82. Megan
I M Lead To Believe, Globo Minas Esporte, Uso Transition Specialist Salary, Ibzan Name Meaning, True Beauty Naver Webtoon, Benzylidene Protection For 1,3-diol, La Ronge Obituaries, Router With 4g Backup, Magic Charm Crossword Clue, Vanilla Kahlua Drinks, Eci Portal Login, Makeup Forever Ultra Hd Concealer Dupe, Vindheshwari Chalisa Pdf, Ikea Lack Hack, British New Wave Influences, Guild Wars Classes, Playstation Classic Dualshock Hack, Pioneer Woman Walmart, Unmarried Actresses Over 40, Cfa Salary Premium, Methyl 3-nitrobenzoate Rf Value, Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Karrinyup Shopping Centre Opening Hours, Land Of Nod Activity Table Legs, Lean Into It Book, Rectangular Cooking Pan, Jon Anderson Wife, Benefit Porefessional Primer Review, When Heaven And Earth Changed Places Movie, Banana And Chocolate Chip Muffins, Novogratz Camilla Metal Canopy Bed Full, Without Delay Meaning In Tamil, Best Military Band, Acapulco Bay Location, Water Demand Calculation For Residential Building, Discount Electrical Supply Near Me, Eci Telecom Israel, Broccoli How To Cook, 2ct Diamond Ring Yellow Gold, Whole Lechon Price Near Me, How To Cancel Candy Club Subscription, King Kabab Menu Kanawha City Wv, Best Retirement Plan Companies, Recipes With Butter Vanilla Emulsion, Salsa Verde Recipe Italian, Udon Noodles Supermarket, Minecraft Composter Recipe Not Working, Assassin's Creed Origins Xp Boost, What Makes A Bad Husband, Chimichanga Vs Flauta, Nrc Rejection Slip, Resume Meaning In Tamil, Sell Old Furniture Near Me, Lee Gyeong Gyu, How To Make Pancakes Without Flour And Eggs, Eric Clapton Albums Covers, Ektos 100% Wool Blanket, Designer White Blouses, Ouachita Parish Real Estate, Assassin's Creed Odyssey The Serpent's Lair Bug, Triple-e Ship Documentary, Sunshine Yellow Wall Paint, How To Build Intimacy, Theory Of Everything Pdf, Oxford Mun 2021, Types Of Roasting, Wd_black P10 Game Drive Speed, Ajinomoto Yakisoba Cooking Instructions, Portal Frame Detail, Francis Farmhouse Metal Platform Bed, Green Tea Allergy Treatment, Separatists Definition Apush, The Jolly Postman Letters, Best Herman Miller Chair, Winding Meaning In Tamil, Vegan Cupcakes Delivery Uk, Sleep Deprivation Mania, Bensons For Beds Administration, Mrichchhakatika Critical Analysis Pdf, Guava Meaning In Tamil, Lightweight Microfiber Comforter, Bensons For Beds Discount Code, Captain Z-ro Public Domain, Best Down Alternative Comforter 2020, Navajo Manufacturing Hand Sanitizer, Unionville Cattle Prices, How To Use Korean Bbq Sauce, 1,3,5-trimethyl Benzene Sds, Safest Trade Jobs, Bible Timeline With World History, I Speak Six Languages Lyrics, Car Registration Hamburg, Metal Futon Frame Assembly Instructions, Online Mun Conference 2020,